1107 Railroad Ave
Bellingham, WA 98225
Bellingham.codes is a social group dedicated to growing the local developer community. We meet on a monthly basis and the typical format for each event is to begin with several lightning talks and then socialize for the rest of the event. However, for May, we’re planning a special event, which is a single-board computer (SBC) hackathon in partnership with Particle.
Here’s the deal for May 25th:
- If you have an existing device (e.g. Raspberry Pi, Arduino) or project (e.g. an internet-connected refrigerator) you don’t have to do anything. This event is not specific to Particle devices. It’s also not specific to people working on hardware projects if you just want to come hang out with us!
- Otherwise, go to store.particle.io and buy a Photon. If you want to play with it beyond the event and don’t know how, I recommend an “Internet Button” or a “Photon Kit”. Otherwise, the basic “Photon” is perfect for this event. If you know other people who will be buying a device, buy ’em together and save on shipping.
- Fill out this survey to let us know things like what device you’re bringing and how much assistance we can be at the event.
- Invite others! The more the merrier, and I think this will be a great event for whoever might be interested in our group specifically, or in programming generally.
- Show up at the Boundary Bay Beer Garden on May 25th. We’ll be starting a little earlier (closer to 6pm) to take advantage of the sunshine and to leave room for folks that want to leverage the Boundary Bay happy hour for food and drinks!
- Stay tuned on the Bellingham.codes slack team for more details as the date of the event nears. If you’re not yet a part of our Slack team, you can join by requesting an invite.