What is a press release?
A press release is a short, compelling news story written by a company's public relations person and sent to targeted members of the media. The goal of a press release is to pique the interest of a journalist or publication. The press release should contain all the essential information (who? what? where? when? how? and most importantly why?) for the journalist to easily produce their own story. A press release should read like a news story, written in third-person, citing quotes and sources and containing standard press release information.
Our submission process:
- Read our prerequisites for submission and if you meet all the prerequisites, proceed to step 2
- Use the form provided to submit your press release
- Our staff will review your submission and notify you if it's been accepted or not
Prerequisites for submission:
(all prerequisites must be met or your submission will automatically be rejected)
- Your company must be based in the Bellingham area or have at least one founder based here
- The press release must be on-topic for the Bellingham Entrepreneurs' audience. In other words it must be about something entrepreneurial and innovative.